Monday 2 September 2013

Adventures in Tuscany Part 1

Now the summer holidays are well-and-truly over and we're back at work (after 6 weeks off - which seemed like only 6 days), I guess I should get on with telling you what we got up to.  In summary, we.....

  • Visited Simon's folks in Devon (ate fish & chips, shopped in Exeter - and bought a Cath Kidston cardigan, rode the steam train from Paignton to Dartmouth, read, paddled in the River Otter - and saw a kingfisher, enjoyed the sunshine, and visited the Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth)
  • Visited my folks in Staffordshire (took lots of photos of the garden, played games, went for a countryside walk - and almost stepped on a snake, ate al fresco almost every night, barbecued, read more, enjoyed more sunshine, visited Hardwick Hall, and went to a wedding)
  • Went to Tuscany (stayed on a farm, ate amazing Italian food, swam a lot, got bitten by mozzies, read lots more, caught more rays, drove through some breathtaking scenery, visited some wonderful places, sampled a few glasses of chianti, ate, ate, and ate some more)


I took LOADS of photos while we were in Italy.  Sorting through them all took AGES!  I was strict with myself about deleting, but still have HEAPS.  So I think we'll do this in two separate sittings.

Are you sitting comfortably, dear blog readers?  Then we'll begin.....  'Adventures in Tuscany Part 1':  

Podere San Lorenzo  


Civitella in Val di Chiana





Siena








Monteriggioni





Lucca




Pisa










Well, I think that's enough for today.  I'll have a sort through the rest, and return with 'Adventures in Tuscany Part 2' very soon.....

Carly

x

P.S.  I've enjoyed catching up with your blogs over the past week SO much.  I REALLY miss you all when I don't get around to visiting as often as I'd like to!!!  


12 comments:

  1. oh my ! it looks gorgeous - as do you! love the pictures and good to have you back in sunny England!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there some years ago and it was an amazing experience.

    Whenever you can, you should visit Leipzig a very special town.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks as if you have had a great time. Thanks for sharing with us. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh blimey - a fun packed Summer and gorgeous pictures to accompany. I'm already dreaming of the next Summer holiday.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Definitely making me wish I could go there too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing.Such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos!! Thanks for sharing, and can't wait for part 2 so I can travel vicariously through you!!
    Have a great week back at work!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, lovely photos, it looks like a beautiful place to visit (it's on my list!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful pictures, Carly. You look quite the part with your Italian gelato in hand! And just look at those blue skies. Those summer holidays always fly by, don't they?

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! I can see why you've endeed up with so many photos! It look stunning..I'd love to go one day...maybe in a few years when the kids will appreciate it..and we have some money again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photographs are beautiful Carly...wonderful memories of summer 2013!
    Happy Friday!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to hear from readers, and it really makes my day!

Carly

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...